When I purchased the motor coach in Dec 2012 I realized the AquaHot had some issues. I brought it to Eric since he is a
factory authorized repair
center. He seems knowledgeable and I had him troubleshoot several issues. His service included a general burner tune-
up, antifreeze replacement
and troubleshoot an electrical issue.
The electrical issue troubleshooting was conducted on a 3rd visit. The symptom was intermittent operation of the AquaHot system and wiggling
the wire harness inside the unit would often get it to operate properly. Eric's service included changing out the main controller board which he
said was defective but no attention was given to the wiring harness. After taking the coach home I noticed that the heat exchangers were not
operating properly and would turn on even if the system was not on or up to temperature. Beside this not being correct for the way the system is
designed to work, it will drain the batteries if the outside temperature is cold enough to trip the wet bay thermostat.
I brought this to his attention by email a week after I took the coach home but never received a response. With it being late April and warming up
it slipped my mind as it was not an issue in the warmer weather. Throughout the camping season the system also ran quite rich despite
adjustments to the air intake. When it started getting cold again this fall the issue reappeared, the wet bay heat exchanger would continuously run
calling for heat from the system but the system wasn't running.
This prompted me to do some troubleshooting myself. With the help of the AquaHot factory I found that Eric had jumpered a circuit that directly
caused the problem condition I mention above. I also decided to do my own service on the burner, same as Eric had done last winter, in the hopes
of getting to the bottom of the rich running burner. Upon replacing the burner nozzle and checking the gap on the ignition electrodes I found that
the electrodes were substantially out of alignment. I set the proper gap on the electrodes and completed the balance of the burner service items. I
then turned my attention to the wiring harness, removing excess lengths of wire that were coiled up inside the unit, changed all of the crimp
connectors and removed the rogue jumper wire that Eric installed. I am happy to report that the system has been running perfectly for several
weeks now and the burner is no longer running rich.
I contacted Eric and expressed my disappointment with his service. He claimed no knowledge of the jumper. Aside from me he is the only other
person that has touched my coach and I know I didn't put the jumper on there. He also said he didn't know how to explain the ignition electrodes
being out of gap. He also said that he mentioned to me about tightening the electrical connections, this I don't recall and don't understand why he
wouldn't have done this as part of his troubleshooting, it makes no sense.
I am very disappointed with my experience at Turbo's and will not be returning there for service.
Be sure to read Service Provider Response below