Needed to have a new pull strap on the awning, the converter wasn't working, and the battery was discharged. Spoke to the owner and asked him to call us with what the repair would entail and with the cost of the work, and he promised to do so when the rig was dropped off.
Got a good new pull strap, but they didn't call with the work needed or the total cost. When we did talk to him he said they found the converter was merely unplugged, and because we 'made out' on the converter (their words), they went ahead and replaced the battery without letting us know and also didn't call with the cost of the repairs -- I had to call and weasel it out of them. The cost wasn't unreasonable, but then when we went to pick the rig up, turns out that the amount they had given was incorrect; they hadn't figured in the cost of the new battery, so the total was $80 more. It could be a coincidence, but shortly after they worked on the awning, one awning support completely broke away from the side of the rig! -- maybe you can see why we suspect them of doing the damage. We had had no problems with the awning before that.